Pacific Ceramics, Inc. is a global, ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturer of advanced microwave ceramic materials.
Our products include rare earth iron garnets, calcium vanadium garnets, lithium and magnesium ferrites, and titanate dielectrics.
These materials play an essential role in the design and manufacture of passive microwave components for military systems and the global telecom industry.
As a company, we pride ourselves on the experience of our key people. In fact, our key contributors average nearly 25 years of directly related microwave ceramic process and business experience.
Pacific Ceramics is a complete process manufacturer, with responsibility for raw material processing to forming, firing and machining.
From initial sales contact through finished product quality assurance, our team is fully empowered to deliver the highest performance and highest quality microwave ceramics available. Our products are extensively used in many major military and commercial programs.
We are a proven performer in phased array radar systems, cellular telecommunications infrastructure systems, and satellite communications systems.
Pacific Ceramics, formerly Ampex Technical Ceramics, was founded in 1969 with facilities in Sunnyvale, California.
The company was acquired by the current management in 1994. Since that date, Pacific Ceramics has:
• Developed a customer base that includes the world’s top 20 microwave component manufacturers.
• Expanded and improved the product line to accommodate the changing needs of our customers.
• Shipped nearly 50 million microwave ceramic piece parts.
• Been involved in every ferrite phased array radar program undertaken by the US and NATO.
Pacific Ceramics’ fully equipped facility is located in Santa Clara, California.
• 30,000 square foot building..
• 2,000 amp main, 480-volt power service.
• DI water.
• Clean / dry compressed air.
• In site waste treatment facility.
• Complete equipment maintenance shop.
Pacific Ceramics maintains a complete ceramic machining facility, including:
• 36-inch, 31-inch (CNC), 23-inch, and 14-inch Hoffman lappers
• Sunnen hones
• Automated slicers
• Centerless grinders
• Surface grinders
• Blanchard grinders
• Core Drills
• CNC Wire saws
Pacific Ceramics has a core staff of contributors with an average of nearly 25 years of directly related microwave ceramics experience. Our technical capabilities include:
• Custom ferrite and dielectric formulations.
• Microstructure control.
• High volume extrusion of microwave ferrites and garnets.
• High volume rotary dry pressing.
• Isostatic pressing.
• As-fired dimensional control.
• Materials testing.